Monday, March 24, 2008

songs of the week...

to prove what freakish mood swings i've been having this week (partly due to a terrible cold i caught from my sprog and the fact that spring is right around the corner...), here are the songs i can't stop listening to:

drop the phone by shy child

this song (band) makes me want to be lil' single gal again. i saw this band on some random fashion show that happen to be on bravo while i was flipping channels one night, and it was a drummer and a guy playing keytar (yeah, you heard me, 'keytar') and a bunch of models walking around chairs like a cake walk. it was fun to watch, and i immediately had the song stuck in my head for days. i just want to put on striped tights with a mini skirt and dance like i've had too many fizzy pink drinks.
(also the lyrics crack me up, they're so completely ridiculous)

raining in darling by bonnie prince billy

i promise i do listen to things other than will oldham projects...but hubby put this album ('i see a darkness') on the other day during breakfast and i had completely forgotten how much i loved this song...now i can't get it out of my head (when i don't have that shy child song in my head, of course).

ttfn.

No comments: